Your source for Self-Insurance information and advocacy in Alabama.
Come and see us in Booth space #2 in the Emerald Ballroom on August 5 – 7, 2018 at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa for ASIA’s Summer Conference!
Alabama Self-Insurers Association (ASIA) is a non-profit organization that represents Alabama employers who self-insure workers’ compensation coverage on their employees.
The Need for ASIA
Alabama employers and employees are directly affected by equity of the Alabama workers’ compensation system. ASIA was formed with the goal of helping employers understand the law and any proposed changes and the need to ensure equitable coverage for the injured employee.
ASIA is a statewide, non-profit membership organization that represents the interests of employers in Alabama who self-insure workers’ compensation coverage on their employees. ASIA is committed to a workers’ compensation program that:
- Adequately compensates the employee with a work-related injury
- Recognizes fair limitations on employer responsibility
- Provides for an appropriate distribution of the compensation dollar
- Reduces litigation
- Is dedicated to eliminating abuses within the system
- Operates within the bounds of reasonable and necessary regulations
This information was provided by http://www.asiaal.org/.